In which Jack, Cohen, Kerrigan, and new friend Steven chat about movie theater experiences, erotic and not.
* annotated by Tash
This is Steve’s
podcast! He’s a pro right out of the gate.
- Jack and Steve met on a PATH train coming from 23rd St. Steve went to School of Visual Arts. Matt went there one year in 2003. There was a bar next door.
- The Boy Who Cried Bitch (Steve and Jack had both just seen the movie when they meet on the train) - Steve’s favorite theater the Village East on 2nd Ave.
- Speaking about theaters, Dream Girls New York premiere was at Ziegfeld
- Most disgusting thing Jack found in a theater was a wad of steaming of what!!!
(not the wad Jack is referring to!)
- While Steve worked at a theater he would find cups of urine on many occasions.
- When Steve and Jack first came out just go to theaters he discovered Palermo’s in Simi Valley, which is the best pizza in LA.
(Simi Valley where they shot Poltergeist and where house still stands)
- Steve from Texas. Texas has one of the highest obesity rates in the country.
- Steve directed two motion pictures, Hunger and Jacklight.
- Jacklight: Steve’s senior thesis project. Cheated and did feature instead of short.
(Note: it’s listed as a Cannes Critics Selection)
- Matt’s best movie going experience seeing
Blood Simple at the Roslyn movie theater in Long Island.
- Tivoli in St. Louis had great popcorn (pre restoration)
AMC Century 14 that was above Houston’s restaurant (closed),
- New REGAL downtown LA Live (Breaking Dawn Premiere) has the
popcorn in LA. - (note to self: must check it out when in LA for the BD2 premiere this Nov! - tash)
- Matt mentions smegma
Definition from wikipedia:
, "soap") is a combination of exfoliated (shed) epithelial cells, transudated skin oils, and moisture. It occurs in both female and male mammalian genitalia.
- Steve would have pickle races. pickles in the theaters are DISGUSTING.
- Kerrigan’s best theater experience, seeing Mortal Kombat opening night at the Esquire Theater in St. Louis.
- Matt’s best theater experience was viewing a 2004 Brooklyn Phish concert. Nitrous tanks, drinking, pot smoking.
Matt also saw Jay and Silent Bob on 9/11 Jay - everyone had abandoned theater.
- Jack and Steve
working in a movie theater. Steve had late night screenings with his friends. Steve never did anything naughty in the theater.
- Matt’s first hand job in House on Haunted Hill.
Steve Leonard part 6. Kerrigan and Jack Breaking Dawn Part 1 (O.o)
- Shout out to Yolan!!!
- Scott Bakula had stopped by to thank Jack for returning his dog. Yay to Jack and Erik Odom for saving the dog. They discussed the glory of St. Louis.
- Marlon Wayans waiting for Richard Pryor movie
- Jack says first quarter movies are studio dumping ground. Matt excited for Haywire and The Grey.
- Jack timecapsule - Lionsgate and Summit should announcement merger
- Places Jack has seen movies in Penang, NJ, Carlisle PA, Jersey City, Manhattan Watertown NY, Newport Va, San Fran, Seattle, etc.
- Arclight caramel corn is AMAZING.
- Worst thing about Jack working for Wehrenberg theaters, St. Louis popcorn popped off site shipped in popcorn.
- Matt says How High and Saving Grave are good pot.
- Jack does an eye exam for movies - Which is better Elizabeth the Golden Years or Hellboy: The Golden Army. Hellboy or The Golden Compass - The Golden Compass or the Golden Globes.
- Ricky Gervais is back hosting the Golden Globes. Kind of shocking because everyone was SO offended. Matt liked Ricky. Jack input industry take was that he fucked it up so why is he back. (no one else willing to do it)
- Eddie Murphy and Brett Ratner Oscar scandal.